Academic advising is an interactive process that goes beyond scheduling classes and preparing degree plans. Advisors partner with students to set and achieve academic goals, acquire relevant information and resources, and make intentional decisions consistent with the student’s interests, goals, strengths, and degree requirements.
Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Located in: Melrose Hall 010
Or see OCE and RN to BSN information.
Important Upcoming Dates
- March 16 - 27 - Extended Spring Break (college-wide COVID-19 updates available from Student Health, Wellness, and Counseling)
- March 30 - Online coursework begins for all students through Spring 2020 semester (Academic Advising updates are available in relation to COVID-19)
- April 13 - Registration for Summer and Fall 2020 courses (OCE students only)
- April 20 - 23 - Registration for Summer and Fall 2020 courses (McMinnville and Portland)
- April 27 - Registration for OCE courses (McMinnville and Portland)
- May 8 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- May 26 - 29 - Final Exams
- June 23 & 24 - Registration opens for new first-year students enrolling in Fall 2020 courses
For Portland, OCE, and additional dates, please see the Academic Calendars.
Academic Advising Values, Vision, and Mission
Diversity – Fostering an inclusive and safe environment that honors multiple perspectives, ideas, and cultures.
Relationships – Building caring, collaborative connections with students, faculty, and staff.
Intentionality – Adopting a purposeful strategy to ensure that advising learning outcomes are achieved.
Vision – Taking a holistic and innovative approach to academic advising.
Ethics – Authentic interactions in an environment of mutual respect.
Linfield’s Academic Advising office will be a leader among small colleges in facilitating innovative, assessment-driven advising practices so that all students will engage in intentional, individualized advising to achieve success.
Within the advising partnership, Linfield students will know that they matter and will be empowered to integrate their academic and life experiences in an intentional education plan to maximize their time at Linfield and achieve success.